Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where it all started!

Hello!

My name is Jenny and I'm the owner of Lil' Tulip's! We started this blog with the idea that I would try to write about interesting things and haven't done to much, so we are going to start now! As my friends that know me, I'm not a writer by all means... So I'll do my best. :)

Quick info about me:


  • Found my husband, Van, in college
  • Got an Engineer Degree 
  • Have 3 girls
  • Love to mow the grass
  • Enjoy the outdoors and travel (my goal is to move to Australia some day)
  • Been married for 10 yrs this year!


I get the question "How did you get started?" ALOT! So, I thought I would let you all know!

It started when our first child was on the way, Jeta, 6 yrs ago. I was looking for fun, unique items that you wouldn't find at the big chain stores and couldn't find them very easily.  We started planning and running numbers to open a retail store locally and had found out that it's not as easy as it looks. So we  decided not to go that route and I continued to work as a Financial Planner, as I loved the work I did!

Our second daughter, Reva, came 15 months later (yes, it didn't take long!) and the idea came in our heads again! So this time we decided we'll start online and I could still work in the Financial field. Business started to pick up and I decided I wanted to stay home with the girls!  This was the best decision I had ever made to stay home with the girls. As Van, my husband, was a stay at home dad with Reva. It was great, but I felt like I was missing out.  We decided to reverse roles and he went back to work and I stayed home with the kids and worked.

Our third Daughter,Vana, came in 2009.

I will say there are days in which I ask myself if I made the right decision. As running a business as a stay at home mom, is not easy! Running kids to activities, school, naps, etc. The list goes on as many of you mom's know!

I couldn't do all this myself!

As my loving Husband, Van, helps out ALOT with shipping, customer orders, questions, etc.

You may also recognize the name Angie, as she is a great help everyday! She handles orders, questions, giveaway, and anything else that come up! She is a mom of 3 boys under the age of 5!!

Chrissie at www.chrissiemariephotography.com does AWESOME photo shoots for us! She is a mom of 2 kids.

Sarah Hokuf does an awesome job on designing our website  and couldn't have done this without here! She is a mom to her baby boy!!

Why the name Lil Tulip's?
Because I'm not an artist at all and my girls love to color and always ask to make flowers for them to color and I could only come up with tulips for them. So the hence the name Lil (after the little ones) and Tulips (from the flowers I drew). We did have a previous name, but wasn't as catchy as this, so we switch it. :)

I hope this give you an idea about who we are!

We couldn't be here without your support and spreading our name out to all your friends!

Sincerely,
jenny
owner/mom

No comments:

Post a Comment